Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why I'm Here...

Firstly, I want to start out by saying that I am not deluded enough to think that people need to know what I am doing or thinking about at every moment of the day. I don't have a twitter account, and I don't check/update my facebook everyday (or every week for that matter!). However, I think that this is going to be a fun undertaking. I got the idea from my friend Ebby (from EvelynBlogs). I was thinking about starting a professional website for myself so possible employers could view my resume and editor's reel online. Ebby, in a moment of brilliance told me that a viable second option would be to start a blog, where I could post the same information and also give possible employers a chance to get to know a little about me and my personality. For me, this idea really struck a chord. I feel that sometimes professional websites become somewhat impersonal. In addition, I don't have the money to hire a talented web designer to create the type of site that would impress possible employers, and it's been more than a couple years since I learned to use dreamweaver at college. Therefore, I decided to take her advice and start this blog in the hopes of giving anyone who might stumble on this a chance to see my work (both film and otherwise) and learn a little about what makes me tick. In addition, I intend to post about artists who inspire me, books, movies, beauty, fashion, and other random things that people might find interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Well hopefully you enjoy it, I've had a lot of fun writing mine so far.

    ReplyDelete