Monday, August 22, 2011

Art that's Inspiring Me (& Some Paintings of My Own)

ART THAT'S INSPIRING ME TODAY: 
Here are some artists whose work has impressed, inspired, and fascinated me. I hope you guys enjoy it half as much as I do! I'm going to try and make a post in this vein every Monday in an effort to discover new and beautiful work and keep expanding my "bank" of creative influences. I may even interview a few of my artist friends / take videos or photos of their works for the blog! If you'd be interested in that, please write it in the comments!

Le Gun 3 (circa 2006)
from the collection of William Bragg


This is an art magazine from London. Here's a few images that I found particularly interesting...
Nahoshi Tanaka

Jonathan Aldous, from Cat and Mutton 



Robert Greene
Leigh Fox




SOME ART OF MY OWN:
Fish Face, 2005
Manimal, 2005
Nile River : Post Plague, 2010
Jetstream, 2010
Pepto Bismol Explosion
Hope you all enjoy, and I look forward to reading your comments! Take care, Everyone! 
- Kay Paris






1 comment:

  1. I still want Fish Face... I've been eyeing it for years. Maybe one day I could take it on a field trip to kinkos, copy it, and frame it?

    ReplyDelete